Medical Science Liaison – Dermatology – South Central (TX, OK, LA, AR, NM)
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identify, develop and maintain collaborative relationships with current and future Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and healthcare stakeholders in disease states of strategic importance to Cara Therapeutics.
- Provide clinical presentations and information in response to unsolicited questions (as appropriate) in academic, community, healthcare provider, and managed care settings in both group and one-on-one settings.
- Collaborate with the Clinical R&D and Medical Affairs organizations to enhance enrollment in Cara-sponsored clinical trials by identifying appropriate trial sites and interacting with investigators in ongoing studies.
- Develop and execute on territory plans in alignment with Medical Affairs strategic imperatives.
- Gather insights and competitive intelligence including therapeutic trends and unmet needs within the appropriate disease states and marketplace and provide timely feedback/information on emerging clinical/scientific information and opportunities to internal stakeholders.
- Provide scientific support at medical congresses.
- Advanced scientific degree (MD, DO, PharmD, PhD, or DNP highly desired)
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentations skills are required
- Full understanding of compliant interactions between MSLs and HCPs
- Must be a strong team player and effectively interface with other internal departments
- Overnight business travel of more than 60% is required
- Experience in Dermatology with established track record of working with top tier KOLs preferred
- 2+ years Medical Liaison experience preferred