This is a field-based position and requires professionals to credibly interact with thought leaders and centers of excellence. The position involves travel of more than 60%.
***Candidates must live within the territory and close to a major airport. Position will be filled at a level commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Identify, develop and maintain collaborative relationships with current and future Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and healthcare stakeholders in disease states of strategic importance to Cara Therapeutics.
• Provide clinical presentations and information in response to unsolicited questions (as appropriate) in academic, community, healthcare provider, and managed care settings in both group and one-on-one settings.
• Collaborate with the Clinical R&D and Medical Affairs organizations to enhance enrollment in Cara-sponsored clinical trials by identifying appropriate trial sites and interacting with investigators in ongoing studies.
• Develop and execute territory plans in alignment with Medical Affairs strategy.
• Gather competitive intelligence including therapeutic trends and unmet needs within the appropriate disease states and marketplace and provide timely feedback/information on emerging clinical/scientific information and opportunities to internal stakeholders.
• Provide scientific support at medical congresses.
• Advanced scientific degree (MD, DO, PharmD, PhD, or DNP highly desired)
• Excellent interpersonal communication and presentations skills are required
• Full understanding of compliant interactions between MSLs and HCPs
• Must be a strong team player and effectively interface with other internal departments
• Overnight business travel of more than 60% is required
• Experience in Nephrology or Dermatology therapeutic areas with established track record of working with top tier KOLs preferred
• 2+ years Medical Liaison experience preferred