Primary Responsibilities include:
Preparation, review and filing of SEC periodic reports such as Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and S-8, including MD&A and financial footnotes.
- Preparation of other SEC filings, such as registration statements on Form S-3 and DEF 14A (proxy statements).
- Ensure compliance with all SEC, FASB and NASDAQ rules and regulations based on in-depth knowledge as well as working closely with internal and external legal counsel.
- Develops and manages SEC filings related to XBRL reporting.
- Conducts implementation of ongoing SOX compliance requirements.
- Main point of contact for testing of internal controls performed by outside accounting firm.
- Leads all financial research/technical accounting efforts. Analyzes, researches and concludes on new and proposed accounting, reporting and disclosure standards issued by the SEC and FASB as well as new company financial transactions and prepares memoranda regarding the Company’s position and impact on the Company.
- Responsible for day to day technical accounting related to: Revenue recognition, stock compensation and investments (marketable securities and cash equivalents).
- Review, write, implement and ensure effective and practical implementation of corporate accounting policies. Ensures narratives are complete and accurate.
- Assist with Independent auditors on the year-end audit and quarterly reviews.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 15-20 years of relevant (accounting/auditing) experience, including 5 years at a Big-4 accounting firm.
- At least 5 years of financial reporting experience.
- CPA is required.
- Pharma/Biotech/life sciences experience strongly preferred.
- Strong technical accounting skills and knowledge of internal controls required.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to interact with senior levels of management.
- Strong Excel and Word skills.
- Experience with Intacct general ledger system preferred or prior experience with a similar ERP system is required.
- Experience with Certent stock option accounting software (formerly EASI) preferred.